Choosing the right dentist is a very important step toward receiving the best results possible. There are many dentists in the Hornsby area, and they can all start looking the same after searching for the right one. We have provided you with some key aspects to look for in a high-quality dentist.
- Credentials – You want to make sure that the dentist you choose has proper dentistry credentials. Ask them what organizations they are part of and if they have completed any postgraduate education.
- Experience – Ask them how long they have been practicing dentistry. You want to be comfortable with your dentist, by choosing a dentist who has had many different patients and has performed many different procedures you will be sure they know what they are doing.
- Informed Consent and Consultation Before Treatment – Before scheduling any treatment, the dentist should have carried out a meticulous examination of the hard and soft tissues of the mouth. Any concerns you may have and any concerns identified by the dentist may then be discussed adequately. This may take time— it is a part of providing quality care and finding the best solution for your dental/ oral needs.
- Patient Care – When you contact the dentist, you should be treated with excellent, professional customer service. A quality dentist will also have professional staff.
- Comprehensive Dentistry – You want to choose a dentist that is not just concerned with the way your teeth look, but your overall dental health. Having a beautiful smile does no good if you have poor oral health.
- Honesty – There are risks and complications involved with every procedure; the dentist you choose should be honest about potential complications.
- Patient Education – A good dentist will make sure that you are informed about your dental procedure or treatment. Your dental experience should not be a mystery. Ask questions— you should know as much as you wish about the dental procedure you are having.
- Sense of Excellence – Your dentist should be meticulous in every aspect of their work. A good dentist does not cut corners; “just to keep the costs down”. She/he will strive to give you the best dental health possible.
** Remember: “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”.
- Non-Forceful – You want to choose the right dentist, so don’t let them push you into a procedure or treatment. You don’t want to be forced into anything you aren’t comfortable with.